Title The Return of Sherlock Holmes - Part 13, Dr Watson
Characters Holmes/Watson, Lestrade
Fandom Sherlock Holmes
Rating 18
SeriesThe Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
Summary Based around The Empty House but set in a paranormal/steampunk AU. Sherlock returns to England, followed by an old enemy.
Warnings Vampires, explicit sex
Author's Notes Based on a combination of book and Granada TV canon. With thanks to Gil and Fred for the beta and Lucas and Ginny for unreserved encouragement (is it still 'encouragement when it comes with threats and pointy sticks?).
Normally a patient man, I was hard pushed to contain my frustration as Mrs Hudson fussed over the two of us. It seemed that I would never be able to get Holmes alone. In the end I firmly but politely shooed her out of the room, telling her that I believed Holmes was exhausted and that while he would happily use her as an excuse to refrain from retiring it would be in the interests of his health to get some sleep sooner rather than later. The trick worked perfectly and she sent Holmes such a look of reproof that it was all I could do not to laugh out loud. No doubt Holmes will enact revenge upon me at some later date for the exaggeration, but since I had successfully achieved my aim I was not going to worry about that yet.
Once she was gone he turned to look at me, a long-suffering expression on his face. “That was most unfair, Watson. She is already planning to lecture me tomorrow morning on using her as an excuse to avoid resting and I shall have to endure it out of politeness or risk revealing your deception.”
I stalked towards him, pinning him against the sitting room door and then reached past him to lock it. “I shall endeavour to make it up to you, Sherlock. I find I am not in the mood to be sociable right at this moment and you know she would have stood there listening to you boast about the case all night if I had not intervened.”
“If you do not wish for company, my dear Watson, perhaps I should retire and leave you alone?” Holmes suggested, a smile playing around his lips.
“Oh you should definitely retire, Sherlock,” I told him firmly. “But I shall be coming with you. I intend to check every inch of you for injuries.” I kissed him hungrily, forcing my tongue between his narrow lips and plundering his mouth before withdrawing. “And then I'm going to spread your long, elegant legs and swallow you whole,” I added with a grin, knowing that he loved to hear me describe what I intended to do to him. On occasion I had succeeded in making him release without having to lay a finger on him by simply telling him the perverted things I wished to do to his delectable body.
His eyes glazed over for a second and then he framed my face with his hands and kissed me, pushing himself away from the door as he did so and guiding me toward the stairs. “You inflame me when you say such things, John. Take me to bed. I need to feel you in my arms. Show me that I am finally home once more.”
I do so enjoy pushing Holmes beyond the limits of his formidable self-control. Feeling him tremble in my arms though, I realised that it was at least partly due to fatigue, so I chose not to tease him further and instead stepped away from him, holding out my hand and leading him to the bedroom. “I give you my solemn word that by the time morning comes, you will have no doubts that you are back where you belong.”
Once we were inside the bedroom I closed the door behind me and kissed him once more. “Disrobe for me, Sherlock. I wish to watch as you reveal yourself.”
He groaned softly but did not demur. Holmes knows that I love to watch him and since he has never been averse to putting on a show, he frequently indulges my perversions and will not only undress for me but will often touch himself as well, until I am unable to hold back any longer and must replace his hands with my own. We would not be able to indulge in such games tonight, the evening's exertions having taken a toll on both of us, but soon, I promised myself, soon we would have time alone to do whatever we wished.
Slowly, he unfastened his collar and cuffs, letting the studs and cufflinks fall into the china dish on his dressing table with a clinking sound. The collar was rolled and placed into a case and then the necktie was slowly unfastened and draped over the back of a chair. With a mischievous smile in my direction, Holmes sat down and crossed his legs so that he could unlace one of his shoes before toeing it off and crossing them in the other direction so that he could remove the second. His socks were then rolled up and dropped in the laundry hamper. Standing back up he slowly unfastened his pocket watch and laid it next to the dish which held his collar studs. He slid his jacket down his arms and laid it on top of the necktie and then began working the buttons of his waistcoat through the buttonholes.
His every movement was unhurried and exuded a studied casualness, designed to engender lust. When he finally unfastened the last one he took it off and actually insisted on folding it before piling it on top of his jacket. I growled under my breath and he had the audacity to laugh.
“Are you not enjoying yourself, my dear Doctor?” His lips were twitching with mirth as he teased me and I was delighted to see it. Holmes in a light-hearted mood was a rare sight.
“If you do not endeavour to disrobe a trifle faster, my dear Sherlock, I may be forced to take drastic action and rip whatever clothing remains from your body so that I may have my wicked way with you.”
Holmes shuddered and his eyes darkened even further. His movements turned rapid and he slipped his braces from his shoulders, unfastening his shirt buttons with much less smoothness than he had his waistcoat buttons. Soon his shirt joined the growing pile of clothing on the chair and his trousers joined them in short order.
I did not give him time to open his underwear, instead crossing the room in eager strides and making good on my promise to tear his clothing from him. He groaned and seized my face, pressing up against me eagerly and kissing me once more.
“Do not tempt me to emulate you, John. You have no change of clothes here and I do not want to have to explain to Mrs Hudson why you are haunting the sitting room in my dressing gown while I return to your erstwhile dwelling to retrieve something for you to wear.” He kissed me again and began unfastening my own buttons with unseemly haste.
My fingers joined his and together we managed to remove my vestments without damaging anything. As soon as I was naked I pushed Holmes backwards, urging him down onto the bed and covering him with my body. Our tongues tangled for long moments and it seemed that neither one of us could get enough of the other. Eventually though we broke apart and I straddled his narrow hips, running my fingers gently over the scar on the side of his neck. “Are you truly unscathed, Sherlock?”
He leant into my touch and smiled. “I promise, John. There is not a mark on me that was not there before tonight. Thanks to your quick actions, Moriarty was defeated without the opportunity to cause any more harm.” He caught my hand with his own and brought it to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to the palm. “I must beg your forgiveness for my own actions. I let emotion overcome me when I attacked him and endangered both of us by preventing you from shooting him as you no doubt would have done the second you retrieved your revolver. It was unpardonable.”
I kissed him softly. “Holmes, you had only just broken free of his control and were naturally disturbed by what he had tried to force you to do. A lapse into irrationality is only to be expected. When the moment came you managed to remove yourself from my line of fire and allowed me to dispatch him in the manner we had planned.”
Closing his eyes, Holmes pulled me down to rest against his chest. “I thought he was going to force me to kill you. I could not bear to lose you like that.”
I pulled his arm more closely around me and kissed the nearest patch of skin. “I know the feeling very well, my love. I thought that he was going to turn you into one of his kind and that it would fall to me to execute both of you.” I kept to myself my plan to end my own life after I had done so, to reveal it would only cause Holmes more guilt and I had no wish to add to his burden.
Rolling us over so that he was pressing my body into the mattress with the weight of his own, Holmes kissed me, his locket brushing against my chest as he did so. “And yet in the end we triumphed,” he said, finally smiling once more. “Because we had faith.”
Before I could ask what he meant by that enigmatic pronouncement his mouth was on mine again and the earlier hunger had returned in full force. He rubbed up against me, his hard member pushing against my own and suddenly I could wait no longer. I needed to have him falling apart beneath me right now. I pushed against the mattress with one braced foot and rolled us back to where we had been, resuming my position straddling him. Pinning his thin wrists to the pillow above his head with one hand I used the other to slowly explore his chest, pinching and rolling first one nipple and then the other between my fingers until his breath was coming in unsteady gasps.
“Leave your hands where I put them and do not move,” I instructed him firmly. When he simply nodded rather than agreeing verbally, I smirked. As far as I know I am the only man who has ever been able to render the great Sherlock Holmes speechless and it was a power I revelled in.
I slid further down his body, retracing the path my fingers had recently taken with my lips. His nipples have always been one of his most sensitive erogenous zones so I paid them special attention, suckling on them like a child one moment and sharply biting down the next until his head was shifting restlessly from side to side.
I smiled against his skin and continued my journey, slowly tracing the curves and planes with my tongue and even dipping it teasingly into his navel. We had not taken the time to bathe this evening and he tasted a little of sweat from his earlier exertions, but I have never minded the taste of good honest sweat. Eventually I reached my destination and I pulled back to look at his hard member, licking my lips at the thought of what I planned to do next.
Ignoring my earlier instructions, Holmes reached for me, trying to tug me back up his body, but I resisted. I had missed this act when I thought I would never have the opportunity to perform it again and I fully intended to remedy that tonight.
“Please, John,” he begged. “Turn around and let me taste you at the same time. I didn't have the chance to please you last night and I crave the feel of you under my hands.”
I moaned and rested my forehead briefly against his thigh as I fought to regain control over my traitorous body. As long as I could taste him I had no objections to his plan so I hurriedly pushed the sheets and blankets out of the way and turned around, kneeling over him so that I could reach his member while giving him full access to my own. This was not the easiest position to give and receive pleasure since Holmes was several inches taller than I, but we had learnt through experience the best way to manage and the years since I had last had him in my bed like this had not erased that knowledge.
I savoured the size and weight of him in my mouth, wrapping my lips around the head and sucking before pulling back and exploring the heavy length of him with my tongue. At the same time I could feel his agile fingers rolling my aching testicles and his hot mouth slowly engulfing me.
The sensation was divine and it was almost enough to divert me from my own task. I wanted to thrust into his talented mouth so much, but in this position I could easily choke him so instead I forced myself to concentrate on his pleasure, taking him back in my mouth and slowly swallowing him until the head rested against the back of my throat. Despite the time that had passed since I had last done this I did not feel the need to resist his penetration and found it quite easy to suppress the feeling of being suffocated that a foreign body in one's throat normally provokes.
Neither of us was in the mood for a lengthy performance tonight and soon our endeavours developed into a competition to see who could make their lover release first. Holmes has often boasted of his iron will, but I knew all the best tricks to make him lose control and it was only a short time later that I heard his cry of satisfaction and felt the bitter taste of his seed as it flooded my mouth. I pulled back and swallowed hurriedly, continuing to tease his softening flesh with my tongue, hoping to prolong his pleasure as much as possible.
I knew Holmes had recovered when I felt his hands gripping my hips, holding me in place as he returned to his task with renewed fervour. With nothing left to distract me I rested my forehead on his hip and gave myself over to the pleasure. Whereas I loved to swallow Holmes down, he preferred to tease me with almost feline laps of his tongue. The pointed muscle would dart out and taste me, rubbing against the slit or tracing the prominent vein on the underside until I was shaking with desire. Only then would he wrap his lips around the head and suck. Even knowing what was to come, this loving torment was almost more than I could bear and yet, as always, it made me release with such energy that my vision would blur and spots would dance in front of my eyes.
When I was done I collapsed to one side, my face hidden against Holmes' hip and one arm slung carelessly over his stomach until he gently urged me to turn around and pulled me into his arms. I held him close and nuzzled his neck, enjoying the sensation of his evening's growth of whiskers prickling against my skin.
Noticing something else I pulled back and ran one finger along the golden chain that held his locket firmly around his neck. I propped myself on one elbow and looked down at him curiously. “I could not help but notice you deftly avoided Lestrade's enquiry,” I said casually, hoping I was not betraying my intense curiosity but well aware that the likelihood of being able to conceal such a thing from my friend was low.
Holmes laughed softly. “And you are wondering if I would answer it now that we are alone and reveal what article of faith I wear close to my heart?”
I felt my skin flush slightly as he instantly saw through my ruse, but I nodded anyway. “You said earlier that we had survived tonight because of faith. I know that it was, in part, my belief in you which gave you the strength to resist Moriarty's commands, but what is it that you have such faith in that he recoiled from it allowing me to end his miserable existence?”
The enigmatic smile was back again and I had almost resigned myself to never knowing when Holmes wriggled free from my embrace and sat up, deftly unfastening the catch of the locket and turning it towards me.
“The one thing I have always had faith in, my very dear John,” he told me softly, smiling fondly as I stared wordlessly at the tiny miniature within, noting with pleasure the inscription opposite it on the inside of the lid. '1881. JHW.'
Previous Next
Characters Holmes/Watson, Lestrade
Fandom Sherlock Holmes
Rating 18
SeriesThe Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
Summary Based around The Empty House but set in a paranormal/steampunk AU. Sherlock returns to England, followed by an old enemy.
Warnings Vampires, explicit sex
Author's Notes Based on a combination of book and Granada TV canon. With thanks to Gil and Fred for the beta and Lucas and Ginny for unreserved encouragement (is it still 'encouragement when it comes with threats and pointy sticks?).
Normally a patient man, I was hard pushed to contain my frustration as Mrs Hudson fussed over the two of us. It seemed that I would never be able to get Holmes alone. In the end I firmly but politely shooed her out of the room, telling her that I believed Holmes was exhausted and that while he would happily use her as an excuse to refrain from retiring it would be in the interests of his health to get some sleep sooner rather than later. The trick worked perfectly and she sent Holmes such a look of reproof that it was all I could do not to laugh out loud. No doubt Holmes will enact revenge upon me at some later date for the exaggeration, but since I had successfully achieved my aim I was not going to worry about that yet.
Once she was gone he turned to look at me, a long-suffering expression on his face. “That was most unfair, Watson. She is already planning to lecture me tomorrow morning on using her as an excuse to avoid resting and I shall have to endure it out of politeness or risk revealing your deception.”
I stalked towards him, pinning him against the sitting room door and then reached past him to lock it. “I shall endeavour to make it up to you, Sherlock. I find I am not in the mood to be sociable right at this moment and you know she would have stood there listening to you boast about the case all night if I had not intervened.”
“If you do not wish for company, my dear Watson, perhaps I should retire and leave you alone?” Holmes suggested, a smile playing around his lips.
“Oh you should definitely retire, Sherlock,” I told him firmly. “But I shall be coming with you. I intend to check every inch of you for injuries.” I kissed him hungrily, forcing my tongue between his narrow lips and plundering his mouth before withdrawing. “And then I'm going to spread your long, elegant legs and swallow you whole,” I added with a grin, knowing that he loved to hear me describe what I intended to do to him. On occasion I had succeeded in making him release without having to lay a finger on him by simply telling him the perverted things I wished to do to his delectable body.
His eyes glazed over for a second and then he framed my face with his hands and kissed me, pushing himself away from the door as he did so and guiding me toward the stairs. “You inflame me when you say such things, John. Take me to bed. I need to feel you in my arms. Show me that I am finally home once more.”
I do so enjoy pushing Holmes beyond the limits of his formidable self-control. Feeling him tremble in my arms though, I realised that it was at least partly due to fatigue, so I chose not to tease him further and instead stepped away from him, holding out my hand and leading him to the bedroom. “I give you my solemn word that by the time morning comes, you will have no doubts that you are back where you belong.”
Once we were inside the bedroom I closed the door behind me and kissed him once more. “Disrobe for me, Sherlock. I wish to watch as you reveal yourself.”
He groaned softly but did not demur. Holmes knows that I love to watch him and since he has never been averse to putting on a show, he frequently indulges my perversions and will not only undress for me but will often touch himself as well, until I am unable to hold back any longer and must replace his hands with my own. We would not be able to indulge in such games tonight, the evening's exertions having taken a toll on both of us, but soon, I promised myself, soon we would have time alone to do whatever we wished.
Slowly, he unfastened his collar and cuffs, letting the studs and cufflinks fall into the china dish on his dressing table with a clinking sound. The collar was rolled and placed into a case and then the necktie was slowly unfastened and draped over the back of a chair. With a mischievous smile in my direction, Holmes sat down and crossed his legs so that he could unlace one of his shoes before toeing it off and crossing them in the other direction so that he could remove the second. His socks were then rolled up and dropped in the laundry hamper. Standing back up he slowly unfastened his pocket watch and laid it next to the dish which held his collar studs. He slid his jacket down his arms and laid it on top of the necktie and then began working the buttons of his waistcoat through the buttonholes.
His every movement was unhurried and exuded a studied casualness, designed to engender lust. When he finally unfastened the last one he took it off and actually insisted on folding it before piling it on top of his jacket. I growled under my breath and he had the audacity to laugh.
“Are you not enjoying yourself, my dear Doctor?” His lips were twitching with mirth as he teased me and I was delighted to see it. Holmes in a light-hearted mood was a rare sight.
“If you do not endeavour to disrobe a trifle faster, my dear Sherlock, I may be forced to take drastic action and rip whatever clothing remains from your body so that I may have my wicked way with you.”
Holmes shuddered and his eyes darkened even further. His movements turned rapid and he slipped his braces from his shoulders, unfastening his shirt buttons with much less smoothness than he had his waistcoat buttons. Soon his shirt joined the growing pile of clothing on the chair and his trousers joined them in short order.
I did not give him time to open his underwear, instead crossing the room in eager strides and making good on my promise to tear his clothing from him. He groaned and seized my face, pressing up against me eagerly and kissing me once more.
“Do not tempt me to emulate you, John. You have no change of clothes here and I do not want to have to explain to Mrs Hudson why you are haunting the sitting room in my dressing gown while I return to your erstwhile dwelling to retrieve something for you to wear.” He kissed me again and began unfastening my own buttons with unseemly haste.
My fingers joined his and together we managed to remove my vestments without damaging anything. As soon as I was naked I pushed Holmes backwards, urging him down onto the bed and covering him with my body. Our tongues tangled for long moments and it seemed that neither one of us could get enough of the other. Eventually though we broke apart and I straddled his narrow hips, running my fingers gently over the scar on the side of his neck. “Are you truly unscathed, Sherlock?”
He leant into my touch and smiled. “I promise, John. There is not a mark on me that was not there before tonight. Thanks to your quick actions, Moriarty was defeated without the opportunity to cause any more harm.” He caught my hand with his own and brought it to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to the palm. “I must beg your forgiveness for my own actions. I let emotion overcome me when I attacked him and endangered both of us by preventing you from shooting him as you no doubt would have done the second you retrieved your revolver. It was unpardonable.”
I kissed him softly. “Holmes, you had only just broken free of his control and were naturally disturbed by what he had tried to force you to do. A lapse into irrationality is only to be expected. When the moment came you managed to remove yourself from my line of fire and allowed me to dispatch him in the manner we had planned.”
Closing his eyes, Holmes pulled me down to rest against his chest. “I thought he was going to force me to kill you. I could not bear to lose you like that.”
I pulled his arm more closely around me and kissed the nearest patch of skin. “I know the feeling very well, my love. I thought that he was going to turn you into one of his kind and that it would fall to me to execute both of you.” I kept to myself my plan to end my own life after I had done so, to reveal it would only cause Holmes more guilt and I had no wish to add to his burden.
Rolling us over so that he was pressing my body into the mattress with the weight of his own, Holmes kissed me, his locket brushing against my chest as he did so. “And yet in the end we triumphed,” he said, finally smiling once more. “Because we had faith.”
Before I could ask what he meant by that enigmatic pronouncement his mouth was on mine again and the earlier hunger had returned in full force. He rubbed up against me, his hard member pushing against my own and suddenly I could wait no longer. I needed to have him falling apart beneath me right now. I pushed against the mattress with one braced foot and rolled us back to where we had been, resuming my position straddling him. Pinning his thin wrists to the pillow above his head with one hand I used the other to slowly explore his chest, pinching and rolling first one nipple and then the other between my fingers until his breath was coming in unsteady gasps.
“Leave your hands where I put them and do not move,” I instructed him firmly. When he simply nodded rather than agreeing verbally, I smirked. As far as I know I am the only man who has ever been able to render the great Sherlock Holmes speechless and it was a power I revelled in.
I slid further down his body, retracing the path my fingers had recently taken with my lips. His nipples have always been one of his most sensitive erogenous zones so I paid them special attention, suckling on them like a child one moment and sharply biting down the next until his head was shifting restlessly from side to side.
I smiled against his skin and continued my journey, slowly tracing the curves and planes with my tongue and even dipping it teasingly into his navel. We had not taken the time to bathe this evening and he tasted a little of sweat from his earlier exertions, but I have never minded the taste of good honest sweat. Eventually I reached my destination and I pulled back to look at his hard member, licking my lips at the thought of what I planned to do next.
Ignoring my earlier instructions, Holmes reached for me, trying to tug me back up his body, but I resisted. I had missed this act when I thought I would never have the opportunity to perform it again and I fully intended to remedy that tonight.
“Please, John,” he begged. “Turn around and let me taste you at the same time. I didn't have the chance to please you last night and I crave the feel of you under my hands.”
I moaned and rested my forehead briefly against his thigh as I fought to regain control over my traitorous body. As long as I could taste him I had no objections to his plan so I hurriedly pushed the sheets and blankets out of the way and turned around, kneeling over him so that I could reach his member while giving him full access to my own. This was not the easiest position to give and receive pleasure since Holmes was several inches taller than I, but we had learnt through experience the best way to manage and the years since I had last had him in my bed like this had not erased that knowledge.
I savoured the size and weight of him in my mouth, wrapping my lips around the head and sucking before pulling back and exploring the heavy length of him with my tongue. At the same time I could feel his agile fingers rolling my aching testicles and his hot mouth slowly engulfing me.
The sensation was divine and it was almost enough to divert me from my own task. I wanted to thrust into his talented mouth so much, but in this position I could easily choke him so instead I forced myself to concentrate on his pleasure, taking him back in my mouth and slowly swallowing him until the head rested against the back of my throat. Despite the time that had passed since I had last done this I did not feel the need to resist his penetration and found it quite easy to suppress the feeling of being suffocated that a foreign body in one's throat normally provokes.
Neither of us was in the mood for a lengthy performance tonight and soon our endeavours developed into a competition to see who could make their lover release first. Holmes has often boasted of his iron will, but I knew all the best tricks to make him lose control and it was only a short time later that I heard his cry of satisfaction and felt the bitter taste of his seed as it flooded my mouth. I pulled back and swallowed hurriedly, continuing to tease his softening flesh with my tongue, hoping to prolong his pleasure as much as possible.
I knew Holmes had recovered when I felt his hands gripping my hips, holding me in place as he returned to his task with renewed fervour. With nothing left to distract me I rested my forehead on his hip and gave myself over to the pleasure. Whereas I loved to swallow Holmes down, he preferred to tease me with almost feline laps of his tongue. The pointed muscle would dart out and taste me, rubbing against the slit or tracing the prominent vein on the underside until I was shaking with desire. Only then would he wrap his lips around the head and suck. Even knowing what was to come, this loving torment was almost more than I could bear and yet, as always, it made me release with such energy that my vision would blur and spots would dance in front of my eyes.
When I was done I collapsed to one side, my face hidden against Holmes' hip and one arm slung carelessly over his stomach until he gently urged me to turn around and pulled me into his arms. I held him close and nuzzled his neck, enjoying the sensation of his evening's growth of whiskers prickling against my skin.
Noticing something else I pulled back and ran one finger along the golden chain that held his locket firmly around his neck. I propped myself on one elbow and looked down at him curiously. “I could not help but notice you deftly avoided Lestrade's enquiry,” I said casually, hoping I was not betraying my intense curiosity but well aware that the likelihood of being able to conceal such a thing from my friend was low.
Holmes laughed softly. “And you are wondering if I would answer it now that we are alone and reveal what article of faith I wear close to my heart?”
I felt my skin flush slightly as he instantly saw through my ruse, but I nodded anyway. “You said earlier that we had survived tonight because of faith. I know that it was, in part, my belief in you which gave you the strength to resist Moriarty's commands, but what is it that you have such faith in that he recoiled from it allowing me to end his miserable existence?”
The enigmatic smile was back again and I had almost resigned myself to never knowing when Holmes wriggled free from my embrace and sat up, deftly unfastening the catch of the locket and turning it towards me.
“The one thing I have always had faith in, my very dear John,” he told me softly, smiling fondly as I stared wordlessly at the tiny miniature within, noting with pleasure the inscription opposite it on the inside of the lid. '1881. JHW.'
Previous Next
Tags: